Reviewpages collects personal information in the form of a SkillPage. The User consents to upload and create a SkillPage with Reviewpages. The User also consents to having the SkillPage accessible and available to all.
We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
EU SAFE HARBOUR PARTICIPATION
We participate in the EU Safe Harbor Privacy Framework.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
- We collect information on Users in order to facilitate the operation of the Reviewpages Platform.
- The User consents and knowingly chooses to disclose all information that is uploaded to the Reviewpages Platform in the form of a SkillPage. When you add to your SkillPage with further information about yourself, you agree that any registration information you give to Reviewpages will always be accurate, correct and up to date.
The Reviewpages Search Facility is available to all Users. Users are also invited to enter personal
information which provides an enhanced set of search results.
- When you sign up for a Reviewpages Account (or 'SkillPage') or other Reviewpages services or promotions that require registration, we ask you for personal information such as name and email address. After you have created your SkillPage we provide you with the option to add additional personal information such as phone number. We may combine the information that you submit under your SkillPage with information from other Reviewpages, in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services or to suggest to you people you might know, or other people who may have skills of interest to you. For certain information, we give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information within your account settings page.
- When you visit Reviewpages, we use a third party tracking partner to gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
- Our third party service providers use a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ personally identifiable information.
- When you use Reviewpages, you may set up your SkillPage, form community networks, send messages, perform searches and queries, set up events, add applications, transmit information through various channels and send emails or other communications to Reviewpages. We collect the personal information as outlined above so that we can provide you the service and offer personalized features. In most cases, we retain it so that, for instance, you can return to view prior messages you have sent or easily see your community network list.
- Reviewpages have the right to reformat and move Reviewpages, and SkillPage information. Reviewpages reserve the right to remove, edit the look and feel of, move or close any SkillPage for any reason and to suspend or ban any User Account for any reason.
- Reviewpages may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our search technology, customized content and advertising.
- Any improper collection or misuse of information provided on Reviewpages is a violation of the Reviewpages Terms and Conditions of Use.
Reviewpages only processes personal information for the purposes described in this Privacy
Policy. In addition to the above, such purposes include:
- Providing our services, primarily making Reviewpages available to all;
- Providing more relevant search results by utilizing data provided by the User;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of Reviewpages;
- Protecting the rights or property of Reviewpages or our Users; and
- Developing new services.
- By using Reviewpages, you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to and processed in such jurisdictions as is necessary.
- We provide you the opportunity to participate in surveys on our site. If you participate, we will link certain personally identifiable information provided when you registered for the site to you. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. We use this information to gauge the level of user satisfaction with the site. We use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys. That company is prohibited from using our users’ personally identifiable information for any other purpose. We will not share the personally identifiable information you provide through a survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and choice.
USE OF INFORMATION OBTAINED BY Reviewpages
- When you register with Reviewpages, you create your own SkillPage. We may use your name and email address to send you notifications. If you no longer wish to receive these email communications, you may unsubscribe by following the instruction contained in each of the emails you receive.
- SkillPage information is used by Reviewpages primarily to be presented back to and edited by you when you access the service and to be presented to all.
- The SkillPage information that you submit to Reviewpages (including phone numbers) will be available to all Users of the Reviewpages Platform (whether the user is or is not a registered member of the Reviewpages platform). All SkillPage information will be available in search results generated for Users and may be made available to third-party search engines. If you no longer wish to have your information indexed you have the option of deleting your Account. People that see your name in searches will be able to access your SkillPage information without registering with the Reviewpages Platform. If you do not want to be listed in our directory you have the option of deleting your Account.
- SkillPage information is used by Reviewpages to improve the functionality of the Reviewpages Platform.
- Reviewpages may send you service-related announcements from time to time through the general operation of the service.
- Reviewpages reserves the right to send you notices about your Account even if you opt out of all voluntary email notifications.
- Reviewpages may use information in your SkillPage without identifying you as an individual to third parties. We do this for purposes such as aggregating how many people are in a network like a group of electricians, and also personalizing advertisements and promotions so that we can provide you with up to date Reviewpages promotions and sponsors of community groupings. We believe this benefits you. Where such information is used, we generally allow you to specify in your User Account Settings that you do not want this to be done or to take other actions that limit the connection of this information to your SkillPage (e.g. removing photo tag links).
- We post customer testimonials on our web site which may contain personally identifiable information. We do obtain the user consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial. If you wish to request the removal of your testimonial, you may contact us at help@Reviewpagessupport.com.
CHILDREN AGED UNDER 14
Reviewpages does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 14 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 14, please do not attempt to register for Reviewpages or send any personal information about yourself to us (including your name, address, telephone number or email address). No one under the age of 14 may provide any personal information to Reviewpages on the Reviewpages Platform. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 14 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
CHILDREN BETWEEN THE AGES OF 14 AND 18
We recommend that children 14 years of age or older ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
- Reviewpages is about sharing catalogued skill information with Users. We share your information with third parties only in limited circumstances where we believe such sharing is (1) reasonably necessary to offer the service, (2) legally required or (3) permitted by you.
- We may provide information to service providers such as an email service provider to send out emails on our behalf, an author management service to provide you with our blog and a customer support service to gather feedback and assist you with questions to help us bring you the services we offer. Specifically, we may use third parties to facilitate our business. In connection with these offerings and business operations, our service providers may have access to your personal information for use for a limited time in connection with these business activities. Where we utilize third parties for the processing of any personal information, we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections limiting the use of that information to the Reviewpages-specified purposes. This site uses various analytics services to monitor and improve the quality and usability of the Reviewpages Platform.
- We may be required to disclose User information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. We do not reveal information until we have a good faith belief that an information request by law enforcement or private litigants meets applicable legal standards. Additionally, we may share Account or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the Reviewpages service or using the Reviewpages name, or to prevent imminent bodily harm. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, agents or government agencies.
- If Reviewpages becomes involved in a merger, acquisition or any form of sale of some or all of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site for 30 days of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information. You can share your Reviewpages information with outside applications and websites such as Facebook to make your experiences on those applications and websites better and more commercial.
- We are not responsible for any third party applications and websites that you interact with through the Reviewpages Platform.
- If you log in to Reviewpages using one of these application’s or website’s sign-in services and connect with your Reviewpages Account, that application or website can access information on Reviewpages related to you and your contacts and generate and publish stories about actions you take on that application or website without any additional permission. An application or website that you connect with can generally access the same information that you can see about yourself and your contacts, and an application or website that your contacts connect with can access the same information about you that the contacts can see.
- You can report any suspected misuse of the Reviewpages Platform to us, and we will investigate the claim and take appropriate action.
- If the ownership of all or substantially all of the Reviewpages business, or individual business units owned by Reviewpages Holdings Limited, were to change, your User information may be transferred to the new owner so the service can continue operations. In any such transfer of information, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- All sharing of information is done at your own risk.
CHANGING OR REMOVING INFORMATION
Access and control over most personal information on Reviewpages is readily available through the settings page. Reviewpages Users may modify or delete any of their Account information at any time by logging into their Account. Individuals who wish to delete their Reviewpages Account may do so through your User Account Settings. Removed information may persist in back-up copies for a reasonable period of time but will not be generally available to Users of Reviewpages.
We will retain your information for as long as your Account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
If you wish to request the deletion of an unauthorized profile, you may do so by emailing us at help@Reviewpagessupport.com.
If you wish to update your privacy settings you may do so by going to the User Account Settings tab in your account center after logging into your account.
Where you make use of the communication features of the service to share information with other individuals on Reviewpages, however, (e.g. sending a personal message to another Reviewpages User) you generally cannot remove such communications. Reviewpages reserves the right to remove any data stored on the platform.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Deleting your Account. If you delete your Account, Users will not be able to see it but it will not be deleted. When you delete your account however, it is permanently deleted. You will not be able to reinstate your Account and you will have to create a new Account.
- Even after you deactivate or delete your Account, you should be aware that copies of the information may remain accessible elsewhere, specifically in relation to the extent that it has been previously shared with others, or if it was copied or stored by other Users.
Reviewpages takes appropriate precautions to protect our Users’ information. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. Your Account information is located on a secure server behind a firewall. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at .
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE, NOTICES AND REVISIONS
CHOICES FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- When you sign up to create an Account, this requires registration and we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different from the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
- Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some Reviewpages features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
When we receive formal written or emailed complaints it is Reviewpages’s policy to contact the complaining User regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Reviewpages and an individual.